Library Procedures and Expectations
- Jackson Library is opened Monday-Friday 8:00-3:00
- Students have scheduled library classes during related arts every other week. Students also have open access to the media center as needed throughout the school day.
- All students will be issued ID cards with barcodes for checking out library books. We use a monitored self-checkout system.
- Students may check out 2 books at a time for a period of 2 weeks
- Lost and/or damaged book fees will be charged
- If a student does not return his or her book, he or she cannot get another book. If there is a fine for a book, it must be paid before students can get another book.
What are my kids watching?
Common Sense Media is an independent nonprofit organization that provides independent reviews, age ratings, and other information about all types of media. Check movies, app, books, and other resources to see if they are appropriate for your student.
Colorin Colorado ( English Language Learners)
Colorín Colorado is a national multimedia project that offers a wealth of bilingual, research-based information, activities, and advice for educators and families of English language learners (ELLs).
US Department of Education Parent Resources
The US Department of Education offers early learning resources for Preschool children, home and school resources, and protecting students with disabilities.
SC State Department Family Resources
SC State Education Department wants to empower families and communities by providing assistance and resources to assure student achievement and success of all South Carolina students.
Reading Tips for Parents (In multiple Languages)
Reading Rocket believes that Reading and a love for reading begins at home. This page divides tips up by age groups and offers easy ways for parents to help kids become successful readers. The page also offers the same tips in different languages
How do I read aloud to my child?
Reading aloud is one of the most important things parents can do with their children. Reading aloud builds many essential foundational skills, introduces vocabulary, provides a model of fluent, expressive reading, and helps children recognize what reading for pleasure is all about. So, where do I get started to follow this link https://www.startwithabook.org/reading-aloud