We are proud to be a Title I School! For more information about Title I, please visit:
- Kershaw County School District's Title I Website
- SC Department of Education's Title I Website
- US Department of Education's Title I Website
Title 1 Accountability
All of the Kershaw County School District's elementary and middle schools are Title 1 sites. The purpose of Title I, Part A of Public Law 107-110 is to enable schools to provide opportunities for children served to acquire the knowledge and skills contained in the challenging state content standards and to meet the challenging state performance standards developed for all children.
This purpose is accomplished by such efforts as
- providing an enriched and accelerated educational program;
- promoting schoolwide reform through schoolwide programs or through additional services that increase the amount and quality of instructional time;
- significantly upgrading the quality of instruction by providing staff in participating schools with substantial opportunities for professional development; and
- affording parents meaningful opportunities to participate in the education of their children at home and at school.
You can learn more about Title 1 on the following websites: